All novels are, or should be, written for both men and women to read, and I am at loss to conceive how a man should permit himself to write anything that would be really disgraceful to a woman, or why a woman should be censured for writing anything that would be proper and becoming for a man.
Anne Brontë, The Tenant of Wildfell Hall, Preface
- 17. Januar 2018 Emily Brontë – 1818-1848 Dieses Jahr gibt es zu Emily Brontë gleich zwei Gedenktage: Ihren Geburtstag am 30.7.1818 und ihren Todestag am 19.12.18148. […]
- 9. Dezember 2018 Avent 2018 – 9.12.2018 Reading maketh a full man, conference a ready man, and writing an exact man.
Francis Bacon (1625)
- 3. Dezember 2018 Advent 2018 – 3.12.2018 There is a great deal of difference between the eager man who wants to read a book, and the tired man who wants a book to […]
- 24. Dezember 2018 Advent 2018 – 24.12.2018 “I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading! How much sooner one tires of any thing than of a book!"
Jane Austen, […]
- 19. Dezember 2018 Advent 2018 – 19.12.2018 By reading only six hours a-day, I shall gain in the course of a twelve-month a great deal of instruction which I now feel […]
- 13. Dezember 2018 Advent 2018 – 13.12.2018 The delight of opening a new pursuit, or a new course of reading, imparts the vivacity and novelty of youth even to old […]