Her pleasure in the walk must arise from the exercise and the day, from the view of the last smiles of the year upon the tawny leaves and withered hedges, and from repeating to herself some few of the thousand poetical descriptions extant of autumn–that season of peculiar and inexhaustible influence on the mind of taste and tenderness–that season which has drawn from every poet worthy of being read some attempt at description, or some lines of feeling.
Jane Austen, Persuasion
- 6. Dezember 2018 Advent 2018 – 6.12.2018 The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be stupid.
Jane Austen, Northanger Abbey
- 24. Dezember 2018 Advent 2018 – 24.12.2018 “I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading! How much sooner one tires of any thing than of a book!"
Jane Austen, […]
- 19. Dezember 2018 Advent 2018 – 19.12.2018 By reading only six hours a-day, I shall gain in the course of a twelve-month a great deal of instruction which I now feel […]
- 8. Dezember 2018 Advent 2018 – 8.12.2018 Reading is to the mind, what exercise is to the body. As by the one, health is preserved, strengthened, and invigorated: by the […]
- 17. August 2017 Jane Fairfax von Joan Aiken So, nachdem ich es geschafft habe, Emma von Jane Austen noch mal zu lesen (hat gar nicht weh getan 😉 ), konnte ich auch mein […]
- 10. Juli 2017 Jane Austen. 100 Seiten von Christian Grawe Nun habe ich schon so vieles von Christian Grawe über Jane Austen gelesen - und da schafft er es doch mich noch mal zu […]